"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, July 7, 2008

The Horrors of Disney

No, there's really nothing horrific about Disney (despite the crazed rants of ultra right-wing nutballs to the contrary)--but that headline is certainly an attention-getter, no? Having just gotten back from Orlando's famous Walt Disney World Resort, I can firmly attest to the fact that it is a warm and fuzzy, family-friendly wonderland of mind-boggling complexity and scale. Heck, there ain't even anything horrifying about the Haunted Mansion ride--aside from the Eddie Murphy movie it inspired, but that's an entirely different kind of horrifying.

Pluto's a dog...What the hell is Goofy??

Genuine, 160-proof old Anglo-Saxon, baby!

I may have been out of it for a little while, but don't everybody go getting delusions of grandeur. The vacation is over, so you can expect regular posts again from here on in. See ya real soon!

5 comments:

gord said...

I remember being there when I was fairly young (and I'm only 21 now) and there was this Alien escape 'ride' that was pretty scary. You were in an auditorium of sorts looking at the unveiling of some alien life form (as I recall), and soon the lights go out and the thing escapes and is running around.

That and Space Mountain were creepy for me.

The Headless Werewolf said...

That was the ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter, and man, it was scary! I hope it's ok for me to post a link to a blog entry I wrote on it recently: http://headlesswerewolf.blogspot.com/2008/06/rip-extraterrorestrial-alien-encounter.html

B-Sol said...

Be my guest, oh Headless One. Also, there's a great part in The Great Movie Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios in which you pass through the Nostromo and encounter H.R. Giger's iconic Alien.

gord said...

Wow, that sounds awesome b-sol. I guess it's a new ride since I'm fairly certain it was there on my last visit. It's definitely a must see ride when I go back.

B-Sol said...

Actually, it's been there for many years. It's definitely worth checking out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...