"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, December 24, 2007

Seasons Greetings from the Christmas Fly!

OK, I realize this probably needs a bit of an explanation. Some of you may remember my rather fearless three-year-old son from my previous post, "So Does Showing My Toddler Shaun of the Dead Make Me a Bad Parent?" As I wrote then, I've been introducing my boy to monster movies for the past few months, and he's been taking to them like a vampire to fresh plasma. So much so, in fact, that his fascination has endured even into this joyous time of year.
You see, I tried to switch things up by showing the kids some holiday-related entertainment for the past couple weeks. But one night it was just him and me, and the boy asked for a monster flick, so what could I do? I decided to break out the original 1958 version of The Fly (even I'm not wacked out enough to subject him to the Cronenberg one....yet.)
Needless to say, he loved it. It was a little touch-and-go in the beginning, when the movie is a bit talky and feels more like a murder mystery. But once the sci-fi elements kicked in, he was hooked.
Problem was, the little one seems to have confused the two genres he's been absorbing in recent weeks. That would explain why he's begun asking to see "The Christmas Fly". We've gotten such a kick out of it that the Christmas Fly has become something of a running gag in our home--our own offbeat holiday character, if you will. Which is why I felt today would be a good day to share him with you.
Bye bye, Santa Claus! Take a hike, Mr. Grinch! The Christmas Fly has arrived. So be good, for goodness sake--unless you want him buzzing down your chimney come this time next year!

6 comments:

Chart Smart said...

NICE Blog :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

B-Sol said...

Thanks! And Merry Christmas to you as well.

cindy said...

don't feel bad...i took mine to texas chainsaw massacre! (old school) hope your christmas was merry!

Dove said...

Hehe, the Christmas fly, I love it. Merry Christmas and a safe and peaceful New Year to you and your family.
Dove

Jo said...

Now there's a new holiday figure I wouldn't mind getting my picture taken with. :)

Hope you are enjoying the holidays!

B-Sol said...

Thanks so much for the holiday wishes, guys. I hope you're all enjoying the holidays as well! I know I would be a little more if I didn't have to work this week :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...