"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We Are Going to Eat You! OK... at Least Eat WITH You. Only If You Want...

In the tradition of Day of Woman's gloriously convenient space-filling "This Just In" posts, I wanted to share with you some relevant pics from me and the fam's visit to NYC last weekend... Psyched? Of course you are.

Staying in Manhattan's financial district meant that we were close enough to attempt a walk over the world-famous Brooklyn Bridge. And walking over the Brooklyn Bridge meant only one thing, as far as I was concerned. An opportunity to take a photo like this:


Yes, it's Zombelina and myself reenacting the infamous final scene of Zombi 2! Like my "Hannibal Lecter at the end of Silence of the Lambs" hat?

Then, we were off to the venerable old Trinity Church, where I was able to indulge my morbid fascination with crumbly old graveyards!


As well as pass this fascination along to the next generation!


But all good things must come to an end, and I'm now back in Fairfield, CT--otherwise known as the place where The Stepford Wives was filmed, and quite fittingly!

* * * * * * * * * *

In other news, this is just a reminder that we're halfway to the 2nd Annual Cyber-Horror Awards. So head on over to the CHA site for a little update on what you might expect from the 2009 awards!!

4 comments:

Grim said...

Awesome tombstones. I always make it a point to have a mock-hunt of finding them in my hometown's many graveyards but I have yet to see anything quite that aged and cool. Any idea of the year on those? And the zombie stagger on the bridge is classic.

the jaded viewer said...

I can hear the closing credit music and radio broadcast now.

Classic.

BJ Colangelo said...

the lack of skeleton jack in this post makes my heart sad.

B-Sol said...

Awww... Yeah, what can I say, sometimes its a lot harder to get the little man to hold still for a picture lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...