"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Friday, April 11, 2008

He Has Such Sights to Show You...


British-born Clive Barker, in addition to being a prolific author and filmmaker best known for writing and directing Hellraiser, is also an accomplished artist who has been exhibiting his work for 20 years now. And now for those in the New York area, a rare treat: Barker's latest exhibition will be taking place at the Sloan Fine Art gallery in Manhattan.

An opening reception will be held on Wednesday evening, and the exhibition will last until Saturday, May 10. Included amongst the pieces on display will be some of Barker's conceptual artwork for his upcoming film The Midnight Meat Train (such as the painting above).

Sloan Fine Art is located at 128 Rivington Street. Gallery hours are: Wednesday and Thursday noon to 6, Friday and Saturday noon to 8, and Sunday noon to 6. For more information, or to check out more samples of Barker's work, go to sloanfineart.com.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually got invited to attend this and blog about it, but I can't since I'm in college and have no money.
Did you and are you going?

Dove said...

Wow those images from the Midnight Meat Train are something else. The "Grandfather' ones especially are quite chilling and the one with the bodies hanging up like meat.

Now, that's imagination.

Dove

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

B-Sol said...

I also got an invite to this, but I'm not going to be able to make it, unfortunately.

pot head pixie said...

When I first read The Books of Blood years and years ago I thought The Midnight Meat Train would make a great movie.

I also thought it was very much in Lovecraftian.

Fantastic news that Barker's making this film!

B-Sol said...

I just heard that Midnight Meat Train will be going straight to DVD. I hope that's not a bad sign...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...