"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'll Swallow Your Shoal

For those of us lucky enough to reside in Fairfield County, CT, it was a thrill to discover that Stamford's Avon Theatre was bringing back its long-missed "Cult Classics" summer series this season. Naturally, one of the anticipated highlights for me was tonight's screening of The Evil Dead (1981). Although a fan of the film for years, I--and I'm willing to bet most of its fans--have never seen it on the big screen, so this was going to be a major treat.

But alas, dear readers, I neglected to account for "The Daddy Factor". You see, I had forgotten that tonight was also the night that the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk was celebrating its 20th anniversary with a special members-only event that included dinner, family activities and a sneak preview showing of the IMAX documentary Wild Oceans. Specifically, I had forgotten that we had purchased tickets for the event, and the kids were rarin' to go. Thankfully, Mrs. B-Sol was kind enough to remind me.



And so tonight, instead of witnessing Ash in mortal combat against the Deadites, I witnessed the delicate food chain of South Africa's coastal waters (in all fairness, it was quite the breathtaking film in its own right). But the little ones had a great time, and watching them scarfing down cake and petting cow-nosed rays was certainly a worthy consolation prize.

Hey, nobody said being a dedicated parent and horror fan simultaneously was easy...

5 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

>Hey, nobody said being a dedicated parent and horror fan simultaneously was easy...

I heard that!

Anonymous said...

Oooh boy I saw it on the big screen, here in Blighty, near Leeds actually, the council that eventually got it banned here for some time.
Blew me away, went to see it with a really hot young lady I was seeing at the time. By 'at the time' I mean I think I never saw her again after that night. Ahh well, we'll always have the log cabin.
It's a treat to get to see stuff like this at the movies, something that is rare now. Thanks for bringing back a great memory. Tony.

Wes Fierce said...

NICE title! What may have also been fairly amusing, however irrelevent, is the title; "I'll Swallow Your Scholl!" lol

B-Sol said...

Or, if I had been made to go to temple instead of seeing the movie, I might've entitled it "I'll Swallow Your Sheol!"

Wes Fierce said...

lol Bonus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...