"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Saturday, May 7, 2011

VAULTCAST: The LANCE HENRIKSEN Interview!

Aliens. Pumpkinhead. Near Dark. Millennium. The list goes on and and on. Lance Henriksen is a legend whose work has inspired me since I was a child. And last night, I got to interview him. In a career filled with celebrity interviews, I have to honestly say that this was one of the absolute biggest for me. A fanboy moment, if you will.

With today being the conclusion of the epic Lance Henriksen Blogathon hosted by John Kenneth Muir, what better time to unleash this, perhaps the proudest moment in Vault of Horror history? I'm very excited to present the VoH Lance Henriksen interview, in honor of the publication of his new autobiography, Not Bad for a Human, co-authored by Joe Maddrey.

You may listen on the embedded player below, or proceed to the Vaultcast page and download it for listening at your leisure!


Check out my review of NOT BAD FOR A HUMAN over at Fangoria.com...
From the Vault Archives! The Many Faces of Lance Henriksen...

Special thanks to Rebecca Feldbin of Nancy Iannios Public Relations for helping to make this interview possible.

13 comments:

CaptainCruella said...

Thanks for allowing me to listen in and giggle along in the excitement of this really fantastic interview with an amazing actor. Here's to a long life and amazing journey into the great unknown.

B-Sol said...

I just hope he didn't think that was me :-P
And thanks, love. Here's to the adventure.

Jason Stroming said...

I had a feeling this is what your big news was going to be, and I'm glad I was right! Congrats! Lance is one of my all time faves :)

B-Sol said...

You guessed it, Jay! This was an honor and a privilege, not to mention a lot of fun. He's one of my all-time faves too, and one hell of an interesting guy to talk to.

KT Grant said...

OMG awesome! I can't wait to listen.

Carol said...

fantastic conversation. very interesting. thanks!

John W. Morehead said...

Congrats on this opportunity. You're coming up in the horror world. Remember us little people in the horror blogosphere.

John Kenneth Muir said...

Brian,

This was a wonderful interview with Henriksen. He's an amazing talent, and you really asked him some great questions, and ones which brought out great -- and sometimes very intimate -- responses. Wonderful job.

This is a great closing chapter to the blogathon, a real valedictory moment.

Thank you so much,
JKM

Terri Wilson said...

Perfection! Kudos on conducting such a terrific interview and sharing it!

Jane Considine said...

I listened to some last night, and some tonight. Good stuff. Excellent questions, and gives me a bit off what I'm sure is going to be a very good read.

goblin said...

Lance Henriksen is my hero. I think it's inspiring how passionate he is about his acting and the projects he works on. Thanks for this interview, B-Sol. It was very insightful and I enjoyed it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Listening finally though my China connection through a proxy makes me have to wait a bit sometime. Liked him as the heavy in Johnny Handsome with Micky Rourke.

I may begin a podcast at podomatic myself now that I have lost my audio storage options. Good stuff.

B-Sol said...

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all enjoyed the interview, and your comments flatter me. I was truly honored and privileged to be able to interview Mr. Henriksen, and wanted to make the best of it that I possibly could. Thanks for reassuring me that my efforts were worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...