"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stuart Gordon Pulls Plug on New Re-Animator Sequel

It had been one of the most hotly anticipated projects among genre fans for months, but the proposed House of Re-Animator is now officially a no-go, according to Re-Animator director Stuart Gordon himself.

Conceived as a satire of the Bush administration, the latest installation in the beloved franchise would've featured the infamous Dr. Herbert West putting a zombie president in the White House. But Gordon said the following to FEARnet yesterday:

It doesn’t look like it is going to happen. I’ve been having second thoughts on it, because I keep reading about Oliver Stone and the movie he is doing about the Bush presidency. I am worried it is a little bit too late to start doing movies about the Bush administration. By the time this movie would come out, we would have a new President, and it would be like, 'Who cares?'

Fans may disagree with Gordon as to the relevancy of the project (I know I do), but it sounds like the guy has made up his mind. Dr. West is staying in retirement, at least for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it is a no-go...I don't want no political BS in my Re-Animator damnit!

gord said...

Honestly, worse news I could have got tonight.

After buying the SE of Re-Animator this weekend, I fell in love it again, and while I haven't seen the two sequels (though I plan on picking them up soon) the new sounded great. It's awfully coincidental that this news pops up now. I just wish it were good news.

Plus I just saw Combs in Frighteners the other day. Another strange coincidence.

And how can you say too much time will have passed for the event to be covered. JFK, Platoon? Both amazing films by Stone.

Anonymous said...

Agree with anonymous. Instead of propaganda, how about trying to make a REAL movie of ReAnimator. You know, as in a movie that's authentic to HPL's marevelous gorefest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...