"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, August 18, 2008

Bringing the "Living Dead" to Life

Readers, it can be a very interesting and enlightening experience having one's finger ever upon the proverbial pulse of the horror world. Every now and then, you'll come across a particularly fascinating item. For instance, did you know that right now, in Louisville, Kentucky, an intrepid little production company called Stage One is attempting to launch a stage adaptation of Night of the Living Dead?

It's true. Thanks to playwright Lori Allen Ohm and directors Andrew D. Harris and Steven Rahe, George Romero's watershed classic will literally be brought to life the week of Halloween at Louisville's Iroquois Amphitheater. In fact, right now, Stage One is running a makeshift "Zombie University" for the purpose of preparing hosts of drama students to be undead extras in the production.

"The participants will go through characterization workshops so they know who they were when they were alive, and that will be reflected in their costume and makeup," said Stage One's makeup and costume designer Julianne Johnson to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

First Shakespeare's Land of the Dead, and now this. How long before we get Zombi 2: The Musical?

6 comments:

Streets of Stamford said...

Dude, what about "Evil Dead: The Musical"? I saw that bad boy three times in NYC, and I would've seen it again and again if it hadn't closed! All the men in my life keep getting killed by Candarian Deeeeee-mons. :)

B-Sol said...

I know, I reeeaaally regret missing out on that. I'm hoping for a revival.

Streets of Stamford said...

Well, I hope you're not missing out on the Cult Classics at the Avon in Stamford. The schedule is listed in their Facebook group.

B-Sol said...

Hey, thanks for the tip! I thought this series only ran thru the summer. They're showing Dead Alive in October!

Streets of Stamford said...

Hell's yeah! They extended it this year. I think showing the movies on Thursday night at 9:00 drew better than the 11:30 Friday/Saturday showings.

I kick ass for the lord!!!!

B-Sol said...

Yeah, those late night showings from a couple years back really floundered, even though I was at a lot of them. Now it looks like they're onto something. I only wish they bring back the Kids Flix series too, I used to take my daughter to that all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...