"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, August 25, 2008

A New Horrific Destination


I've never been one to shy away from encouraging a little healthy competition here at The Vault of Horror, especially when that "competition" comes in the form a loyal reader. In this case, the loyal reader is one Wes Fierce, and his hideously enjoyable new website is HorrorFilmMagazine.com.

Did you know that there is a horror icons fighting game floating around the net, in which you can battle as the likes of Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, et al? And that it's free? I didn't either, until I read about it at HorrorFilmMagazine.com. There's sweet video, like Ellen Page's hysterical J-horror spoof from SNL, and classic trailers. Plus a boatload of other crap like forums and whatnot. Check it out, really, you won't be sorry. It's a chance to get in on something at the ground floor, so when HorrorFilmMagazine.com becomes the next Bloody-Disgusting, you can be all like, "Yeah, dude, I'm message board member number six!"


* * * * * * * * * *

Since I'm in a plugging mood, might as well say a little bit about my own site as well. I've gone to the trouble of adding some new functionality in recent weeks, so this is just a heads up. First off, there's now a playlist at the bottom of the posts, where you can listen to some themes from horror film and TV that are sure to get you all misty with nostalgia. Plus, I know there are so many of you out there who were wondering, "How, oh how, can I follow B-Sol on Twitter?" Well now there's a way, if you just take a gander at the sidebar to the right. In case you've never checked it out, there are always some noteworthy YouTube videos on display just a little further down from there (Vincent Price stuff at the moment). And I've also added a horror quiz and Lovecraft-themed video game just below the aforementioned playlist.

There's never an idle moment here in the Vault, kids. Reap the benefits.

3 comments:

Wes Fierce said...

Thanks for the post! It's not everyday that the new VOH post is about Me :D I was kind of disappointed that I didnt get to read about your excitement for Final Destination 4, though. ;) (Seriously, I cant wait for FD4's 3-D Carnage!)

B-Sol said...

Don't hold your breath to read about that, Wes!

kindertrauma said...

Great site Wes, All those trailers are cool but that HBO opening is my favorite, really took me back.-UnK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...