"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Thursday, October 2, 2008

Want to See The Midnight Meat Train?

Clive Barker fans who were outraged at the way in which Lions Gate shafted his latest film The Midnight Meat Train now finally have the opportunity to see it. Starting today, FEARnet is offering the brutal serial killer pic as part of its cable VOD service. If you don't have FEARnet with your cable package, don't worry, it gets better. On October 30, for one day only, FEARnet has announced you will be able to watch the movie for free on their website.

Adapted from a Barker short story, the film version of Midnight Meat Train was the subject of much controversy recently when Lions Gate raised the ire of fans, and of the author/director himself, by making the last-minute decision to consign the movie to an extremely limited theatrical release, then dump it straight to DVD.

FEARnet is currently carrying an exclusive promo clip from the increasingly unhealthy-looking Barker introducing the film.

6 comments:

thebonebreaker said...

Very Cool!

This movie hits DVD on the 21st, and is well worth buying - I saw it twice in the theatre, and am looking forward to watching it again!

Outstanding Movie!!

Anonymous said...

It skipped the big theaters around me and went straight to the second run place. I was really hoping to see it, but time got away from me. Seeing it without having to pay is always good. Thanks for the info!

Zachary Kelley said...

This didn't play anywhere in my vicinity. Or even my state for that matter. So I'm really excited to see this flick.

Anonymous said...

Great news. I'l be waiting for October 30. Thanks for the information. I always loved horror movies too.

Unknown said...

I've been hearing about this Fearnet, but how does one actually get it with their cable package?

B-Sol said...

It has to be offered as part of your service. For example, I know Comcast offers it, but Cablevision doesn't. You should contact your provider to see if they offer it or not, it's not expensive at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...