"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Sunday, November 16, 2008

Neil Gaiman Discusses Coraline

Wired.com has some exclusive new footage from Henry Selick's stop-motion animated feature Coraline, based on the Hugo and Nebula award-winning novel by Neil Gaiman. The author also goes into detail on what makes this project so unique. You don't have to sell me on it. The writer of Sandman and the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas teaming up to create a twisted children's horror story? I'm in. Look for the movie in theaters in February. In the meantime, check this out:

3 comments:

Wes Fierce said...

I kind of wish they had used CG so instead of one hand-made film that took 7 years to make, we could have a 7 film series that took one year each to make. Epic win though, to be sure.

B-Sol said...

You have to give them kudos, though. Stop-motion is a dying art, and when done right, nothing beats it, including the best CG.

gord said...

I agree b-sol, I absolutely adore stop-motion animation.

The movie looks cool, though from my standpoint, more so for the animation than the premise. The story seems ho-hum and a little too familiar.

Not to mention I'm not at all familiar with Gaiman (other than that I know what Sandman is) so his name being attached isn't a big draw for me either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...