Long-running northeastern genre expo Chiller Theatre, in association with Paura Productions, has announced that this April's Chiller convention will feature the largest collection of Italian horror luminaries ever assembled, including a 30th anniversary reunion of the cast and crew of Lucio Fulci's Zombie (a.k.a. Zombi 2).
"It will be a historic occasion," says Paura founder Mike Baronas, the evil mastermind behind the whole shebang. "It will be a surreal experience to stand in one place surrounded by all these folks I grew up adoring, and I'm certain I won't be alone in that respect."
Scheduled to appear are:
- Ian McCulloch (Dr. Butcher M.D., Contamination)
- Richard Johnson (The Haunting, Beyond the Door, Screamers)
- Al Cliver (The Beyond, Cannibals, Endgame, Demonia, Devil Hunter)
- Ottaviano Dell’Acqua (Rats: Night of Terror, Cut & Run, Zombi 3)
- Giannetto De Rossi (SPFX maestro of High Tension, Dune, The Beyond)
- Mirella De Rossi (Hair Stylist of Dragonheart, Conan the Destroyer)
The Children from THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY…
- Giovanni Frezza (Demons, Manhattan Baby, A Blade In The Dark)
- Silvia Collatina (Murderock, Big Alligator River)
- Luigi Cozzi (Director of Contamination, Starcrash, The Killer Must Kill Again)
- Zora Kerova (Cannibal Ferox, Anthropophagus, The New York Ripper)
- Malisa Longo (A Cat in the Brain, Fraulein Kitty, Miranda, Way of the Dragon)
- Beatrice Ring (Zombi 3, Graveyard Disturbance, Interzone)
- Michael Sopkiw (2019: After the Fall of New York, Devil Fish, Blastfighter)
Quite a bunch. I'm particularly psyched about 82-year-old Richard Johnson, a true horror legend going all the way back to The Haunting in 1963. And the creepy kids from The House by the Cemetery--need I say more?
Chiller Theatre happens in scenic Parsippany, New Jersey the weekend of April 17-19.