"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First the Blogosphere, Now Fiction! The VoH Revolution Continues

I don't usually make The Vault of Horror about me--but dammit, this is a red letter date in B-Sol history. That's because yours truly has had his very first horror short story accepted for publication in an honest-to-goodness magazine!

The mag is Midnight Echo, and its published by the Australian Horror Writers Association (AHWA). My story, "Hell Hath No Fury", will be included in Issue #3, which I believe will be out in the fall.


To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century. This is the culmination of years of aspiration to be a published fiction writer, and many months of work on this story alone. The word "vindication" scarcely does it justice.

I want to heap loads of thanks on to Ms. Harker of Musings Across a Continuum for pointing me in the direction of Midnight Echo in the first place, and of course, to the one and only BJ-C of Day of the Woman, my amazing protege, for taking the time out to look the story over and provide some very valuable feedback.

Check out the Midnight Echo website here. I'll be letting everyone know about issue availability once I know more.

Made it, Ma! Top of the world!

13 comments:

Monster Scholar said...

Bravi!

Ms Harker said...

Your welcome sir! I am so excited for you, reminds me of my little novella gathering cobwebs on my laptop! Time to get to work on it... Congratulations, see Aussies know quality when they see it :)

www.musingcontinuum.com

RayRay said...

Excellent news. Very good, B-Sol. Glad to know another home town boy makes good. And being recognized for intellectual pursuits is extremely gratifying.

And as an aspiring failed writer, I can understand what you mean by vindication.

Johnny said...

Congratulations, that is quite the achievement! =)

Grim said...

Well, hell. That's awesome! Congrats!!!

KT Grant said...

Congrats!! How long is it?
Does blood and guts run on the pages? *G*

Anonymous said...

I always said you were a great writer, Congrats to you. Take that Jeremy Brown! LOL

B-Sol said...

HAHAHA YES!! Thanx for always believing in me, kiddo ;-)

And Katie, it's about 5,000 words long, don't know how many pages that translates to. Yes, mucho blood and guts--and sex as well. Right up your alley lol

KT Grant said...

Oh, I like! I could review it for my blog. Blood and sex hurrah :D

said...

Congratulations! I bet there are many more sales ahead for you as well.

Alana Noel Voth said...

B-Sol,

Fantastic news! Congratulations. :-)

Pierre Fournier said...

Wonderful news. Congratulations, Brian!

Anonymous said...

Really great one to watch..Excellent news as well....



Thanks for sharing...


___________________
Andrew
Entertainment at one stop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...