"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Quarter-Century of Krueger: NOES Remake Comic Con Panel!

This week, in the spirit of San Diego Comic Con envy, I bring you video from yesterday's special panel on the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. On the panel are producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller of Platinum Dunes, as well as director Samuel Bayer and of course the new Freddy Krueger himself, Jackie Earle Haley...



Very cool stuff, although I confess to being a little troubled by Bayer's somewhat condescending comment regarding how his remake will be "different from what's come before" in that it will be "scary [and] a little darker". As if the original was Patch Adams or something. Hmmm....

Freddy cartoon by Montygog.

3 comments:

Stuart Conover said...

Actually I can kind of see a resemblance.. http://civin.org/pix/Patch-Kruger.jpg.

DM said...

Big Freddy fan that I am, I'm not gonna lie: I loved Jackie as Rorschach so I'm kinda looking forward to his Freddy. Still holding out for disappointment because I'm also kind of a die hard.

B-Sol said...

Stu: BRILLIANT

Mistress: I think this could be real good if we all give it a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...