"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Announcing the Nominees for the 2nd Annual Cyber Horror Awards!


The time is upon us again. Long-time readers may remember this from last year, many of you are new to it. The CHAs are, to my knowledge, the only horror movie awards voted on exclusively by online horror bloggers and writers, and I'm happy to be hosting it for the second year. And they said it wouldn't last! Well, actually, no one said that. Anyway, moving right along...

Just like last year, I've enlisted the help of some of the best and brightest online horror critics and writers out there, and I'm proud to say that the number of invited voters is nearly triple what it was last year. Which reminds me--I have made every effort to include all of you, but please, if you're a horror blogger or online horror critic with whom I'm familiar, and you find that you haven't received a ballot, do not take offense. In any undertaking like this, some folks are bound to slip through the cracks. So just be so kind as to send me a gentle reminder, and I will rectify the situation post-haste!

Unlike last year, when I did all the nominating by my lonesome, this year I invited LoTT-D founder John Cozzoli and horror critic/author John Kenneth Muir to take part, as well. I think it's a pretty solid and eclectic list of nominees. For example, here I present to you the 2009 Cyber Horror Award nominees for Best Film:
  • Drag Me to Hell
  • Trick 'r Treat
  • Zombieland
  • Thirst
  • Grace
For the remainder of the nominees, plus videos and photos, head over to the official site for the Cyber Horror Awards, where you'll also find the spiffy new header created by B-Movie Becky of The Horror Effect.

What will happen now is that between this week and the first week of March, ballots will be coming in. I will tally up said ballots, and announce the award winners by the end of that first week of March. Exciting, right? Also, for the voters, keep in mind when you're checking out the nominees, and find you disagree vehemently with the choices--write-ins are always more than welcome! The only requirement is that it be a film that was released--either to theaters (film festivals don't count) or direct to video--during 2009.

This year's awards are shaping up to be even cooler than last year's and I'm honored to have a bunch of really great participants to make it as legit as possible. Hell, last year I even got some thank-you responses from winners like David Hackl, which you can read on the right-hand sidebar of the awards site. So here's to recognizing the best of 2009, and celebrating the one thing that unites us all--the love of horror films!

7 comments:

Seth Canes said...

Out of these 5 I'd say Thirst was the best one by far. Though if paranormal Activity had been nominated it would've been a close second. Surprised it wasn't nominated.

B-Movie Becky said...

Can't wait to see how it all turns out. My ballot will be in soon. Thanks for the nod about the banner design. :)

B-Sol said...

I was surprised that P.A. didn't make it into any category, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. And Becky, it's the least I could do for such a great design.

the jaded viewer said...

All good flicks. I'm going to have to go with Thirst as it ended up #2 on my top 10 of 2009

deadlydolls said...

Are there any limitations on write-ins?

B-Sol said...

As long as they're movies that were released to theaters (non-festival) or direct to video in 2009, you can make the whole ballot write-ins if you like.

deadlydolls said...

Fantastic. What's the due date again?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...