"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Zombie Love Songs: I Want to Eat Your Hand

Ah, Valentine's Day is nearly upon us again! And unlike those woeful souls who choose to bemoan this holiday each and every year, here in the Vault, we celebrate it. Of course, we celebrate in a very unique way, because that's just how we roll.

In this case, we'll be cherishing the V-Day time of year by posting some fine selections from Michael P. Spradlin's latest poetry collection,
Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs. This little tome was bestowed to me by a certain Captain of the undead not too long ago, and it's been a constant source of amusement since--so now I'm sharing it with you.

You may recall Spradlin's work from the
zombie carols we ran here in the Vault during the 2009 Christmas season, and I assure you, these are just as entertaining. So cuddle close to the one you love and enjoy some brain-munching ballads...

I Want to Eat Your Hand

Oh yeah, I've turned into something,
You just won't understand.
When I say you're delicious
I want to eat your hand,
I want to eat your hand,
I want to eat your hand.

Oh please, say I'm a zombie,
I'm eating your brain pan,
And please, don't slay me
You'll let me eat your hand.
Now let me eat your hand,
I want to eat your hand.

And when I eat brains I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my gore
You can't hide, you can't hide, you can't hide.

Yeah, you've got that large brain,
I think you won't understand.
When I'll say I'm so hungry
I want to eat your hand,
I want to eat your hand,
I want to eat your hand...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over at Soiled Sinema they done a tribute to Heather specially for The Hamster, its fantastic.

Frank Forte said...

Nice illo!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, would 1960s anti-classic Jimmy Cross's "I Want My Baby Back" be a zombie love song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0x8S1U7O3w

Perth Wedding Videos said...

Its really an interesting blog post..thank you for the post..

cindy said...

i saw this book in the bookstore and it cracked me up...would have bought it, but no money on me! :D

B-Sol said...

The book really is a lot of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...