"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Classic Horror Makes the National Film Registry

The Library of Congress has announced its annual list of films to be included in the National Film Registry, and Universal's original 1933 version of The Invisible Man, starring Claude Rains, has been included.

This is happy news for fans of Universal horror. James Whale's classic will now be included with other Universal gems like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein that are already on the registry.

The National Registry is a listing of films that have been deemed worthy of being indefinitely preserved in the Library of Congress. Check out the complete list here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was immensely pleased by this, since The Invisible Man is one of my all-time favorites.

"Here we go gathering nuts in May..."

Christopher Zenga said...

Morning B,

This was great news to start my day with, I have a special place in my heart for all things Universal Horror. and here is the strange bit, I am currently working on my "universal Monsters Zombears" series of drawings and paintings and I actually just got to work on the invisible man today!

The stars have aligned!

I have the line work for the "Bride of FrankenTedd" on my blog, If you have a moment check her out and tell me what you think.
(http://thedayafterart.blogspot.com/search/label/Universal%20Monsters)

Later days,
Christopher Zenga
thedayafterart.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...