"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, May 3, 2010

TRAILER TRASH: John Carpenter Edition!
























* * * * * * * * * *

On an unrelated note, since I didn't have an opportunity to do a "Random Ramblings" post this week, I just wanted to point you in the direction of a few quick items of interest. Last week I had the pleasure of taking part in Count Vardulon & The Divemistress' epic podcast, TheAvod, and I encourage everyone to go take a listen. We had a ball painstakingly dissecting each and every Nightmare on Elm Street movie, so go take a listen! Also, yesterday I had the pleasure of contributing to a most excellent post at Day of the Woman chronicling the top 15 worst locations to move to (Haddonfield, Springwood, you get the joke...) And speaking of Day of the Woman, you should also head over to read the most excellent interview conducted at Strange Kids Club with DotW mistress and VoH associate BJ-C!

10 comments:

Missy Y. (formerly A Case of You) said...

Everyone is full of the love. FULL OF THE LOVE.

Me too. Me too.

B-Sol said...

Quite the resume Carpenter has, isn't it? Looking at his recent work, you can sometimes forget...

Missy Y. (formerly A Case of You) said...

I could never forget. The love that I have for The Fog is so deep, deep and passionate that Ghosts of Mars is this thing that just dissipates into the ether for me.

THE FUCKING FOG, MAN!

Pax Romano said...

Starman, where is Starman, I ask!!

Seriously, I love JC's early work, but Starman is one of my faves - I never expected to see such a touching, well played Sci/Fi love story from the man who gave us Escape from New York - who knew?

Jose Cruz said...

Let's see... Ghosts of Mars... Ghosts of Mars...

No? Phew. We're safe.

i3lh4m said...

Thanks for share, nice info

B-Sol said...

ARGH!! Leaving out Starman was an accident.

Leaving out Ghosts of Mars was not.

AK said...

1-The Thing, The Thing, The THING! God, I love Kurt Russell...
2-Escape From New York-ditto...
3-Halloween-ditto Jamie Lee and Nancy loomis...
4-The Fog-ditto plus Adrienne Barbeau...
5-They Live-Rowdy Roddy Piper and Meg Foster's spooky, spooky eyes...
But yes, how 'bout Starman? JeffmotherfuckingBridges and Karen Allen?
Sigh...I need to get some super-duper, expanded, perfected director's cut of The Thing. I bought the Special Edition of Escape From New York for my bud's B'day and seriously, it reminded me, in this time of lame remakes, why I love great films.

Kidsis said...

Fucking love Carpenter. Interning at Debra Hill's was the bomb.

B-Sol said...

Whoa, that's awesome, Elisabeth! What an experience that must've been.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...