"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, November 26, 2007

Dexter: Cable's Next Big Thing

OK, I admit it. I've never watched Dexter. Couldn't have even if I had wanted to--I got rid of Showtime after they cancelled Dead Like Me.
But after all the buzz this show has been getting, including glowing recommendations from everyone from the folks on the Bloody-Disgusting forums to my Dad (Hi Dad), I realize I need to rectify this. Thus, the entire first season is now placed high atop my Netflix queue.
Chronicling the misadventures of a strangely moral serial killer played by Michael C. Hall (who was on excellent on his last cable show, HBO's Six Feet Under), Dexter set a new record this week. According to The Hollywood Reporter, last Sunday's episode drew 1.23 million viewers, the highest ever for a Showtime series. Viewership also grew an impressive 40% from last week's ep. And with a third season recently confirmed, the word on this series is officially out. Make room for me on the bandwagon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got rid of Showtime for the same reason. Damn them for canceling Dead Like Me!! At least it seems like they're redeeming themselves with this series. Hopefully I'll get the chance to check it out sometime or another.

B-Sol said...

Losing Dead Like Me was a heartbreaker. Couldn't believed they canned it after just two seasons. It just seemed to be hitting its stride, too.

Jo said...

Season one was amazing, and yet season two manages to be even better. It'll be interesting to see where they take things for season three. Easily takes the lead as my favourite series currently on air.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...