"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stephen King Freaks Out a Toddler

A little break from the norm here in the Vault today...Just couldn't resist this one.
His writings have been known to send chills up the spines of readers, but never before has the legendary Stephen King provoked such abject terror. In this video posted exclusively on TMZ.com yesterday, an ardent King fan asks the author to autograph one of her daughter's diapers (!) only to send her little one into uncontrolled hysterics. Now if only more of King's movie adaptations could have a similar effect on viewers...

*PREMIERE TICKET GIVEAWAY* The Vault of Horror is giving away VIP passes to premiere theatrical showings of the direct-to-DVD urban thriller Somebody Help Me in Washington, DC (Thursday), Baltimore (Friday) and Atlanta (Saturday). Anyone interested in getting their name on the VIP list, shoot me an e-mail. If you're curious, you can watch the trailer below, and check out pix from the L.A. premiere here and here.

4 comments:

Dove said...

Ha, that is funny. I used to consume Stephen King's books as they hit the store but haven't read much of his more recent stuff.

Confession: I still can't sleep with the closet open due to his short story (now a movie) The Boogeyman. Adults aren't supposed to have problems like this!

B-Sol said...

I confess, I haven't had much interest in King's work in about 15 years. I used to be a big fan as a teenager, but haven't read anything of his since Four Past Midnight.

Jo said...

Maybe it's my lack of interest in reading fiction, or maybe it's just King, but the only book I've really enjoyed of his was Danse Macabre. I'm strange, it's true. Maybe it's time to give reading fiction another chance.

Now as for that video- amazing. The kid is scarred for life! :)

B-Sol said...

I'm more of a non-fiction reader myself. I've had Danse Macabre sitting on my shelf collecting dust for years, maybe I should actually pick it up...
Strange? Maybe. But, aren't we all a little bit strange? A wise man once told me that a normal person is someone you don't know very well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...