"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wanna See Where the Wild Things Are?

Right alongside Coraline, this is the family flick I'm most interested in checking out, particularly because it's supposed to be very different from most films in that category (and believe me, I see 'em all...) Admittedly, I never read the book as a kid, but Where the Wild Things Are looks like it will be quite the visual treat.

/Film scored some choice pics from the upcoming flick yesterday, including artwork from the limited edition series of Where the Wild Things Are skateboards (!) that will be coming out:


If my Reading Rainbow memories serve me well, this seems to be spot on. But you don't have to take my word for it!

* * * * * * * * * *

DON'T FORGET TO HELP THE VAULT OF HORROR WIN BEST HORROR BLOG BY VOTING IN TOTALFILM.COM'S 2009 MOVIE BLOG AWARDS!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Years ago, I was working as an usher at the theater where "Where the Wild Things Are: the ballet" had its debut (I'm happy to report that, when it came to the Wild Things themselves, they chose fidelity to the illustrations over grace, practicality, and, well, not being a big awkward mess), and I brought my childhood copy of the book along to have it autographed by Maurice Sendak.

I sent it to my niece for her birthday, and her mother sent it back with a note saying "thanks, but we don't allow her to believe in monsters." That's how I found out my previously irreligious sister had become a fundamentalist Christian.

Y'know what, though? I wanted to keep it for myself anyway.

Oh, and I voted for you in that thing. I don't think it takes away from what you do here for me to say that any "best horror blog" contest without Kindertrauma as one of the choices is pretty much a sham, but good luck anyway.

Christopher Zenga said...

You did NOT just drop a LeVar Burton reference!

because you know, Butterfy in the sky, I can fly twice as high. Take a look, it's in a book.....

BOOYA!!!

OH PBS, my heart is warmed. I love this book, I read it to my daughter and I am BEYOND stoked to see this film. The CG animators nailed it.

and as for gil mann, My children are surrounded by monsters, and I was working on a Frankenstein drawing the other day and my daughter Madison(2 1/2) came up to me and said "He's not scary daddy, just different" My heart melted. I am an atheist and my wife is Catholic, but we try to teach her good social values, and from what I can see my daughter will be more than willing to accept people for there differences and not discriminate. You can pass that little tale on to your sister next time she thumps the bible at you.


Later days,

Christopher Zenga
thedayafterart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

RayRay - This continues to be one of my favorite books, from the artwork to the storyline, of all time. It was also one of the first books I ever read in school after I learned to read. I still have a harcover copy of a second printing.

As for the Gil Mann, I am sorry for your niece. It is terrible to censor such innocence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...