"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Friday, December 28, 2007

First Glimpse of the Rebooted Hulk!

You'll have to forgive me the slight deviation from the usual subject matter here at The Vault of Horror. Seeing as how I am a fan of both horror movies and comic books, and how the Hulk is the most horror-themed of all superheroes--having been inspired by Robert Louis Stephenson's Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde--I figured it would be OK to share with you this image of the creature that was released today by Universal Pictures:The image comes from Universal's The Incredible Hulk, unofficial sequel to 2003's disappointing original Hulk movie. With a script rewrite by Edward Norton--who takes over the role of Bruce Banner--rumor has it this new one seeks to undo the damage wrought by Ang Lee's overly sober and somewhat pretentious outing. Also, as you can see, there has been a concerted effort to step up the CGI work, which was another oft-cited letdown in the original. I also notice the big guy looks a lot more like he does in the classic comics.
Despite being marketed as a restart of the franchise, the plot of the picture does seem to pick up where the last one left off. Although I did enjoy the first one a little more than most, it certainly didn't live up to my expectations. Nevertheless, I am giving Marvel Entertainment and new director Louis Leterrier the benefit of the doubt. It does seem to be an earnest attempt to respond to fan complaints, most notably with the excellent casting of Norton. The film hits theaters on June 13 (my ninth wedding anniversary--Hey, what an excellent way to celebrate, right, sweetheart....??)

4 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Hulk looks incredibly pissed... actually that's the same exact facial expression I had while watching Ang Lee's version.

B-Sol said...

HA! Maybe that's what he's looking at....

Dove said...

Now this one I will be interested in and I love Ed Norton so it will be good to see him step up to the plate.

Ang Lee's Hulk was dismal and having grown up watching the TV series I expected more. The real shame is poor Eric Bana, a fine Australian actor, getting caught up in this rubbish.

That image of the hulk is impressive but I don't know if it will convince your wife it is a good way to spend her 9th anniversary. You have your work cut out there.

B-Sol said...

Yeah, Bana was wasted in that, and now most fans think of him negatively thanks to his connection with the film, even though he's a very good actor.
As for the wife....Yeah. I'm not putting much hope in the Hulk/Anniversary thing....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...