"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Bloody Christmas

We all know it's better to give than to receive, don't we? Still, it's an awful lot of fun to receive, isn't it? And I certainly did my fair share of receiving this Christmas. I could get into the clothing items and electronic gadgetry that came my way this year, but for the sake of thematic unity, I think I'll stick with the horror-related gifts. So here are this year's newest additions to The Vault:

My insufferably cute six-year-old daughter saved up her allowances to get this for dear old Dad (with a little help from Mom.) She was intent on "surprising" me with a "monster movie", so I asked my wife to give her the choice between this and the new edition of Nosferatu. She wanted it to be something we could watch together, which effectively eliminated the Return of the Living Dead special edition.

My sister, who never fails to pinpoint my tastes with perfect accuracy each and every year, picked me up the first two volumes of Steven Niles' vampire series. I enjoyed the flick very much, plus Niles is a friend of a friend, so I had been curious to check these out. Thanks, Sis!

Now here's a box set I've had my eye on ever since it came out four years ago. Finally got around to buying it by gathering together a bunch of my Christmas/birthday gift money. It's got the first two Hammer Frankenstein films, the first three Draculas, and The Mummy. Perfect for a kid who grew up watching the Hammer classics on those lazy weekend afternoons in the glory days of syndicated TV.



6 comments:

cindy said...

lucky guy! i love those old hammer films!

Mr. Karswell said...

Looks like you made out like a bandit this year! A vampire bandit.

B-Sol said...

Yes, I guess I am. Did I mention the home theater system I was able to purchase, on which to enjoy the new DVDs? :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a good Christmas at your house this year. Ha!!

That Hammer set has The Mummy??!! I want that film, and can't find it anywhere. Too bad I've got a few of the other films in the set, or I'd just buy it.

B-Sol said...

I've seen the Hammer Mummy on sale individually on Amazon. You might wanna check it out.

Dove said...

You did very well this year and that Hammer Collection sounds great! First three Dracula and The Mummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...