"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day of the Dead "Remake" Trailer

I must really be a sucker for zombies if I'm continuing to give pub to this supposed abomination. Everything heard and seen regarding this disaster points to it being inevitably awful--most recently the announcement of its April 8 direct-to-DVD release. Still, if there's living dead involved, I just can't help myself. And yes, it's already on my Netflix queue.
Basically, aside from the military setting, it doesn't seem to be a true remake at all, or even a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake. It looks like it's set at the beginning of an undead uprising--as opposed to the original, which was set months after the undead had already taken over the earth. They did retain the character of Bub, the sympathetic zombie--although they have inexplicably changed his name to Bud. You can catch a brief glimpse of him at the end of this trailer, which debuted on Monday on MySpaceTV:


* * * * * * * * * *

In an unrelated note, I just have to say that I feel kind of saddened to live in a world where it takes the Associated Press five days to cover the death of Vampira, yet after 20 hours there are 11 pages of Google News results on the death of Brad Renfro.

4 comments:

Garg Unzola said...

Zombies!!
Thanks for your comment on my Shining review. I don't find the hallucinations to be striking, but that was the angle Kubrick went for. It is similar to thinking you saw something, then looking again and it is gone. The film is plausible - it could have happened in real life. I do enjoy the movie - it is one of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

Meehhhh....

Anonymous said...

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm still gonna watch this piece.

B-Sol said...

I see you went thru the same emotional journey I did, CG.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...