"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kane Hodder Speaks!

I advise you to head on over to Shock Till You Drop, where you'll find an exclusive interview with the legendary Kane Hodder, the big lug most closely associated with Jason Voorhees on the big screen. Hodder played the masked behemoth more times than any other actor, but right now he's promoting his newest flick, BTK, in which he plays serial killer Dennis Rader.

Hodder talks a bit about BTK, of course, but he also has a lot to say about other aspects of his career, including shenanigans on the set of Hatchet, acting vs. stunt work, and most interestingly of all, his opinions on the recent Friday the 13th remake, which he was infamously not asked to take part in. Here's a snippet:

"I haven't seen it yet, but I intend too because I'm a horror fan. I definitely have to see how Derek [Mears] did, because Derek's a friend. Even though I think I should be wearing the mask, I still want to see how he did and he wants me to give him my thoughts because it's not an easy part to play as people have found out. They think 'Oh, you just need a big guy and he has to do some violent things,' but it's not as easy as it sounds because most guys overact. You can tell by the way they're standing that they're trying to look scary, and that totally ruins it for me. So I want to see if Derek looks more natural than the other guys."

Hodder even gets into the whole "running Jason" controversy. Check out the interview in its entirety here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...