"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Friday, November 20, 2009

Ms. Horror Blogosphere: Entry #14

Blogger: Maweanne
Blog: The Spooky Brew


I grew up in the small town of Milford, Connecticut. I went to school in Florida for film. This is where I worked at Halloween Horror Nights doing costuming. When I was 21, I moved out to California, where I now live under the stairs in a special makeup effects studio where I work sometimes. I live with Tom Devlin and Lola Wallace of 1313FX and Plan 10 pictures. I feel right at home. Occasionally, I help out at the Troma Entertainment table at conventions.

What initially drew you to the horror genre?
When my mom used to play Zombies Ate my Neighbors on my SNES. She would play it for hours on end. The music would haunt my dreams, which eventually led to me having some horrible zombie dreams. So I guess I can blame my mom for my obsession with the horror genre.

Are significant others generally freaked out or psyched by your horror proclivities?
Honestly, if they were freaked out by horror movies I wouldn’t date them. I try to stay away from guys that don’t like horror in genre. I’ve never really met anyone who was freaked out. Most of the time guys are excited about my horror obsession.

Why is it that there seems to be more female horror fans than ever before? Are more women watching horror, or are more women admitting to watching horror?
I have met a few people that are surprised I love horror movies. I guess I have always been around girls that like horror things. I haven’t noticed an increase in female horror fans. I don’t really think about it.

What made you decide to blog?
Being an unemployed poor college graduate in California started it all. I remember watching really crappy horror movies out there and wanting to review them. The reason I made The Spooky Brew was to put out my opinion about certain things, and to also put out some useful news in the horror genre.

Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspirations come from the people in my life right now. My roommates give me a ton of inspiration. I was about to move out of California months ago because I had nowhere to live, and they gave me a home. I love talking about horror movies with them, and different ideas. They share the same passions I have. I’ve never felt so at home somewhere.

Is image more important for female horror bloggers than male? If so, why?
Image shouldn’t matter, but I feel like it is more important. Men are visual creatures.

3 comments:

Chuck Conry said...

Zombies Ate my Neighbors was a damn good game lol

B-Movie Becky said...

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was awesome!!!! Funny that your mom played it.

Unknown said...

She plays that and zombies vs. plants all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...