"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Visceral Visionaries: Nos

Hello Vault of Horror readers!

My name's Nos and I'll be taking over the blog today :)

Guess I'll tell you a little about myself ... I've been working in front of and behind the camera since the tender age of 18. It all started with an internship with Wicked Pixel Cinema. Since then I've gone on to be a writer, producer, director and production designer! I also act/model regularly ... so the first thing that can be said about me is that I'm a bit of a work-o-holic.

Horror has pretty much saved my life.

Without getting into too much of a pity party; I suffered my fair share of childhood trauma. Growing up, I didn't have many outlets for my anger. G.G. Allin, The Ramones, horror and exploitation got me through all of it.

None of the movies ever seemed "shocking" to me, it just felt like a release. Finally I was seeing on screen what I was feeling on the inside. films like Nekromantik, Psycho, Ms. 45, Driller Killer, The Wolf Man, Halloween, An American Werewolf in London, etc., are so ugly/beautiful they still make me cry.

I'm really drawn to honest, raw emotions. I try to put this into my own work. There are many talented people around me and who have gone before me... I'm not saying I'm the best. But I do try to put out meaningful work. It makes me really sad when actresses are in horror/exploitation just to get ahead, and have no real love for what they're doing. It cheapens the industry. All you can do is NOT be that person and put a little bit of your soul into every photo and every film.

At least I'm not alone in this... there are some fantastic artists out there who also really believe in putting substance into their work. Ugly Shyla (http://uglyart.net), Steven Leyba (http://www.stevenleyba.com), GiGi Deluxe (http://www.gigideluxe.com/) and Aunia Kahn (http://www.auniakahn.com) are all very deserving of your support!

Now more than ever, you should be supporting your favorite artists and writers. It's really hard out there and we all have to stick together!

I know I really appreciate all the support and love I get from my fellow horror fiends.

With so much going on these days, it can get a little overwhelming, but it's great stuff, so I don't mind. I am an executive producer and actress on Eric Stanze's new film RATLINE... and I'm so freaking proud of this project! It's in post right now, and I get little sneak peeks every week! Eric Stanze fans should start getting excited, because it's his most intense film since SCRAPBOOK.

My own movie FIVE, which ironically is not horror, is also in post, and I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the year.

I blog on the regular for Scarsmagazine.com (http://scarsmagazine.com/blog/nos-blog/) and I write a monthly column for the Lip Service webzine! (http://www.lip-service.com/webzine/?cat=329). Also, http://myblackumbrella.com/ just opened this Halloween and is the place for all Nos -related merch!

So I guess that sums up my little world .... thanks for reading!

Drop me a line sometime, I'd love to hear from you ...


Xo
Nos

1 comment:

Christopher Zenga said...

I agree wholeheartedly that the art community needs to support each other so that we can continue to create, grow and contribute to the community of the macabre. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record it means the world to have place's like VoH, Zombos Closet of Horror and the League of Tanna Tea ( just to name a couple) that showcase or work. Your passion and drive to produce the best quality work is inspiring. Keep it up!

Later days,

Christopher Zenga

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...