"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Monday, November 23, 2009

Ms. Horror Blogosphere: Entry #20

Blogger: Kitty LeClaw
Blog: Killer Kittens from Beyond the Grave


"A cat as black as blackest coal is out upon her midnight stroll. Her steps are soft, her walk is slow, her eyes are gold, they flash and glow. And so I run, and so I duck. I do not need her black-cat luck."
KKFBTG is a sexy scream dream of horror hotness, chock-full of tasteful T&A and gore, movies, comics, poetry and more... a juicy blog for anyone possessing a serious taste for all things pussy gato.

What initially drew you to the horror genre?
I love the feeling of being scared. The rush of adrenaline, the pounding of the heart, the quickening of the breath--all of these are sensations which I have a profound level of appreciation for. I have never been particularly sporty, so I guess I need to get the blood pumping, somehow! I've always loved watching scary movies, and devoured books on the paranormal when I probably should have been reading Nancy Drew novels. It came as a complete surprise to me that not everyone shared my affinity for the things that go "bump!" in the night. I always took great pride in being the sort of kid who could outlast all her friends in a late-night horror movie marathon.

Are significant others generally freaked out or psyched by your horror proclivities?
I tend to discriminate against people (significant others included) who aren't into horror, thus robbing them of the opportunity to discriminate against me because I am!
I guess you could say that I'm very "out" about my interests in the spooky stuff. My apartment is nowhere near child safe. It's not even parent safe! Oh, all the unholy things my poor, Catholic parents have to see when they come for a visit! I have found that it's not just my Mom and Dad who are a little freaked out by my horror sensibilities, but the general public, as well. The Repair Guy always has to make a rude comment before fixing the furnace...
As a rule, I don't think that guys really like it when a girl is scarier than they are. Draw your own conclusions.

What made you decide to blog?
I love writing, and I love horror, so joining the "Blogosfear" was a good, natural fit for me. It's definitely a step up from the horror/mystery novel I wrote out in longhand when I was 12! I churned out notebook after notebook of a scary story that I pretty much made up as I went along. A group of my friends were reading it as I wrote, so it was really great to get feedback while still in the writing/development process. In that respect, blogging is very similar. It's the readership and feedback that bloggers crave. Otherwise, we'd all just keep our own, private diaries.

Who is your biggest inspiration?
In terms of me becoming a depraved gore junkie, I have to give my parents full credit. Having no idea what they were getting themselves into, they fostered my love of horror from an early age. I vividly recall watching the movie CARRIE with my Mother, who thought it was strange that the jolting final scene didn't send me sobbing into her bosom. Over the next couple of weeks, she brought home all sorts of harrowing titles, in the hopes of achieving a "normal" reaction from her young daughter. By the time we watched THE EXORCIST, it was too late to turn back. I was hooked on horror.
(For the record, The Exorcist scared the living daylights out of me. I slept with a crucifix under my pillow for weeks, and couldn't look up at a second storey window without feeling like I was going to puke.)

How would you best describe your blog?
My blog's subheading is: "A kitten's perspective on horror in film, music, art and literature," and I think my blog provides precisely that--my perspective (meow!) Admittedly, I'm not keen enough to be hip to what's happening in horror headlines most of the time. For the most part, I think my blog is like an esoteric ride down a slightly more demonic version of Willy Wonka's chocolate river. I rarely plan posts in advance. I write 'em up as I watch 'em, and I call 'em as I see 'em.
I apologize to the English language for the final sentence of the above paragraph.

Bang, Marry or Kill: Freddy, Jason, Michael. Please explain your answer.
I'm only answering this question because it's a bona fide FREDDY VS. JASON-style trivia question! I'd bang Freddy, because viciously tormenting people through their dreams is HOT. I'd marry Jason, because, of the three of them, I think he has the softest heart. I would kill Michael Myers, because it's been a really long time since someone made a good HALLOWEEN movie, and it's a shame, because it was once a proud continuing saga.

2 comments:

Tenebrous Kate said...

Woohoo! Kitty LeClaw kicking it old sk00l. A LADY shouldn't speak of such things, but the circles of our spooky Venn Diagram have overlapped for some time. Good to see you here, milady!

Mr. Karswell said...

Knock 'em Dead, Kitt! You know where my vote is going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...