"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two More Reasons to Feel Like a Loser for Not Being at Comic Con...

When it comes to the Saw franchise, it's been a love/hate relationship with me for some time now. Loved the first one to death, but each sequel has been a disappointment to me, with varying degrees of suckitude. However, that said, none of them have been so bad as to completely put me off the series, and so I keep coming back, plunking down my hard-earned cash, like a sad, middle-aged bachelor at a strip club, who knows he's never going to get his money's worth, but keeps finding himself drawn back for more...

And so, today's news that the San Diego Comic Con will be chock-full of Saw-ness has given me just a couple more reasons to be depressed for not being there. Here it is, the center of the geek universe, the nerd equivalent of that Central Park street gang confab at the beginning of The Warriors, and I'm stuck on the other side of the country yet again. Oh well, there's always the New York Comic Con, which I have on good authority is poised to become a bigger deal than the SD one in the next couple years...

Anyway, the news I have to bring to you today is two-fold. Firstly, Horror-Movies.ca is reporting that the much-anticipated Saw video game, which seems to have been in development since forever, will finally be unveiled by Lionsgate this week at Comic Con. You can check it out at the Lionsgate booth (#3729). The game gets its official release on October 6 from Lionsgate and Konami. X Box and PlayStation 3 versions will be available (how did I guess that there's be no Wii version??).

Also, and even more importantly, the very first teaser trailer for Saw 857, er, I mean, Saw VI, will be introduced by none other than Jigsaw himself, Mr. Tobin Bell. Shock Till You Drop reported yesterday that the world's creepiest actor will be premiering the trailer to fans on Thursday as part of an autograph signing. Talk about sweet deals--that guy somehow continues to be involved in this franchise, despite the fact that his character has been dead for, what, the last two installments in the series??

The Saw series may not be my favorite, but it always manages to somehow keep me mildly interested. I don't know, maybe it's Mrs. B-Sol's continued, inexplicable enthusiasm for it. Anyway, I hope all you lucky bastids enjoy your Comic Con weekend! Anyone itching to do an official Vault of Horror Comic Con report, feel free to hit me up!

* * * * * * * * * *

For those of you wondering what's been going on over at Day of the Woman, rest assured that BJ-C is alive and well. The online Mistress of the Macabre, as most of you know, is a champion baton twirler, and it just so happens that at the moment, her team is competing at Notre Dame University for the National Championship once again. It's a week-long event, hence the relative quiet on the DotW front. But rest assured, BJ has some cool things in store once she returns in triumph. In the meantime, the Vault's best wishes go out to Zion, Illinois' Razzle Dazzles, who have even cooked up a suitably horror-themed twirling routine. Good luck, ladies--show those prehistoric bitches how they do things downtown...

8 comments:

Monster Scholar said...

Tobin Bell does have it good. SAW has been his cash cow with the exception of a couple appearances on TV shows and movies like Boogeyman 2 and Decoys 2: Alien Seduction. I wonder if after SAW is over and done he'll have what it takes to continue a successful horror career.

And my condolences on your missing the con :(

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm sorry, but the SAW movies suck. I've never been a fan and probably never will be. A lot of people come down hard on Hostile and its sequel and I don't understand why their same reasoning isn't directed towards the SAW franchise. Anyway, just my two cents worth. Sorry you missed the SD Con, but don't feel bad...I've missed it too!

Unknown said...

I'm missing SDCC for the first time in six years. I needed a break, but man, all the cool stuff this year has me really sad about missing out.

Ms Harker said...

Thank you for reminding me of the tyranny of distance I have to comic con. I will sit here on this island weeping bitter tears... But not for Saw, I raise my dainty middle finger to the franchise. However some of the other SDCC content, I will lament over the coming days and live vicariously through my lap top.

www.musingcontinuum.com

B-Sol said...

Yeah, you and me both!

Karl Hungus said...

I enjoyed the first Saw immensely, but the sequels were just awful. There's no part of my that's excited about a Saw game, or yet another flimsy sequel.

Alana Noel Voth said...

B-Sol, did you know the cast of True Blood will be there too? Thats why I suck for not going.

Alana Noel Voth said...

Or why not being able to go sucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...