"A REALLY INTELLIGENT INTERVIEWER." -- Lance Henriksen
"QUITE SIMPLY, THE BEST HORROR-THEMED BLOG ON THE NET." -- Joe Maddrey, Nightmares in Red White & Blue

**Find The Vault of Horror on Facebook and Twitter, or download the new mobile app!**

**Check out my other blogs, Standard of the Day, Proof of a Benevolent God and Lots of Pulp!**


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rare Interview with a B-Horror Legend

This morning I'd like to direct your attention to a candid Q&A with one of the true immortals of schlock cinema, the one and only Herschell Gordon Lewis. One Aaron W. Tellock, horror movie writer for Examiner.com--a fine website I myself used to write for--currently has an interview up which he conducted yesterday with the director of such gems as Blood Feast, 2,000 Maniacs, Something Weird, The Gore Gore Girls, and of course, The Wizard of Gore, Juno's favorite horror movie.

Lewis talks about breaking into the biz, doing the convention circuit, why horror flicks today suck, and even discusses his return to the director's chair for the soon-to-be-released Grim Fairy Tale.

I encourage all to check it out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff although I wish it was longer. I go back and forth on my favorite HGL flick. I think Blood Feast is currently my top pick. All of his movie have incredible one liners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...